- "Today, I prefer not to lie on live TV" - Ainārs Šlesers, minister of transportation;
- "You, please, don't lie instead of me" - Jānis Urbanovičs, member of the parliament;
- "I'm ready for this step, but I'm not sure in which direction should I step" - Indulis Emsis, ex-speaker of parliament, a few days before his resignation;
- "My opinion has not changed, it has evolved" - Artis Pabriks, minister of foreign affairs;
- "I'm the guarantee of stability" - ex-PM Aigars Kalvitis, a few months before his government started going down in flames.
Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Quotes of 2007
Riga Latvian Society is selecting the most amusing quote of the year ("Spārnotais teiciens") every year. In 2007, Latvian politicians provided them with a lot of candidates: